This product is a hard and unyielding abrasive, available in angular shapes. Starblast® is made by crushing and sintering bauxite ore. Bauxite is the main ore used to produce Aluminium and consists of 75% of aluminium oxide.
Often used as to replace brown fused aluminium oxide, it can be used with conventional abrasive blasting equipment air-compressed pressure and suction jet-blasting equipment. Sintered bauxite is also used for the following applications: antiskid flooring, carving, etching, finishing, grinding, lapping, polishing, rock tumbling, lapidary, sandblasting, slurry mixes, surface preparation and tumbling.
Often used to replace brown aluminium oxide.
- Hardness: 9 Moh scale
- Specific weight: 3.6 g/cm³
- Bulk weight: 2.08 kg/L
- Particle shape: Angular
- Storage: Dry, ventilated area. Max pile up of 3 pallets
- Packaging: 25 kg paper bags, palletised
Typical chemical analysis (full analysis available on application)
- AI2O3: 76.3%
- SiO2: 6.20%
- TiO2: 1.95%
- Fe2O3: 14.1%
- CaO: 0.35%
- K2O: 0.49%
- Grade: 8/16, Sieving range: 1.2 – 2.38 microns
- Grade: 12/20, Sieving range: 0.853 – 1.68 microns
- Grade: 20/40, Sieving range: 0.422 – 0.853 microns
- Grade: 30/70, Sieving range: 0.211 – 0.599 microns
- Grade: 60/120, Sieving range: 0.125 - .0250 microns