Available in a variety of sizes, Urea, Acrylic, Polyester and Melamine plastic abrasives are ideal for applications where a high stripping rate is required without damage to or warping of the substrate. Urea is the most widely used plastic media, particularly as a plastic grain stripping abrasive used in sandblasting operations.
T-2 Urea, with a Barcol hardness of 54-62, is our most versatile plastic blast media. It is highly suitable for a broad range of cleaning and stripping applications, including aircraft, automobiles, marine vessels, trucks, and trailers. Superb results can be expected in the removal of paints, anti-corrosion coatings, hydrocarbon deposits, waxes, oils, adhesives, and sealants.
- Ideal for applications where a high stripping rate is required without damage to or warping of the substrage. Urea is the most widely used plastic media, particularly as a plastic grain stripping abrasive used in sandblasting operations.
- Available in a variety of sizes.
- Urea is environmentally friendly and recyclable – an alternative to chemical stripping.
- Low dust levels (typically less than 1%) 5 times less than the US Mill Spec P-85891A specification.
- Hardness: 3.5 Moh
- Specific weight: 1.5 g/cm³
- Bulk weight: 0.96 kg/l
- Shape: Angular
- Storage: Dry, sheltered storage conditions
- Packaging: 25 kg paper bags
Typical chemical analysis (full analysis on application)
Type II: Cross-linked thermo setting urea formaldehyde
- Grade: 12/20, Sieving range: 1180 -1700 microns
- Grade: 16/20, Sieving range: 850 -1180 microns
- Grade: 20/30, Sieving range: 600 - 850 microns
- Grade: 20/40, Sieving range: 425 - 850 microns
- Grade: 30/40, Sieving range: 425 - 600 microns
- Grade: 40/60, Sieving range: 250 - 425 microns