Blastrite® is a specially selected and graded mineral slag with sharp angular particles, black in colour and particularly resistant to fracturing on impact.
Blastrite® is used where expendable abrasives are required for on-site abrasive blasting in shipyards, steel construction, oil refineries, power stations, offshore oil rigs and any blasting yard designed for diverse and flexible applications.
- Meets international safety regulations and may be disposed of in non-hazardous waste dumping sites unless contaminated with other hazardous materials.
- Particularly resistant to fracturing on impact.
- Hardness: >7 Moh scale
- Specific weight: +/- 3.2/cm3
- Bulk weight: +/- 1.8kg / l
- Free Silica: < 1%
- Conductivity: < 250microS/cm
- Chlorides: < 10 ppm
- Shape: Angular
- Storage: Dry and sheltered
- Packaging: 1.5 T Bulk Bags or unitised 25kg & 50kg bags
Typical chemical analysis
- Si02: 42%
- Silica, crystalline: None
- Al203: 5%
- Fe203: 31%
- Ca0: 6%
- Mg0: 15%
- Grade: B125, Size range: 0.5 - 2.5 mm, Profile range: 110 - 140 mm
- Grade: B90 , Size range: 0.2 - 1.4 mm, Profile range: 70 - 110 mm
- Grade: B60, Size range: 0.1 - 1 mm, Profile range: 50 - 75 mm