A silica-free, durable, chemically inert and granular particle that offers aggressive surface profiling and removal of a variety of coatings.
- Abrasive Applications: FEPA-graded for coated papers and belts, standard grades for surface finishing by blasting
- Inert Fillers: Graded to customer specifications for use as fillers in rubber, plastics, industrial flooring (non-skid), brick-fluxing agent, sintered mosaic tiles, tile glaze and filtration.
- Decorative: Special effects. The angular particles in crushed glass grit allow for aggressive surface profiling and removal of coatings such as epoxy, paint, alkyds, vinyl, polyurea, coal tar and elastomers.
- Non-toxic and inert.
- Manufactured from 100% post-consumer recycled bottle glass, thus benefits the environment by diverting waste from landfills.
- Produces a whiter, cleaner finish relative to mineral/slag abrasives.
- Lighter weight than many slags, allowing for increased consumption efficiency and production time - up to 30-50% less glass grit used.
- Hardness: 6 Moh scale
- Specific weight: 2.5 g/cm3
- Bulk weight: 1.6 g/cm3
- Free silica: None
- Shape: Angular
- Storage: Dry, sheltered storage conditions
- Packaging: 25 kg bags
Typical chemical analysis
- Si02: 70 - 73% (No free silica)
- Al203: 0.5 - 2%
- NaO and KO: 13 - 15%
- CaO: 8 - 11%
- MgO: 3 - 5%
- Grade: C-B24, Size range: 150-300 microns
- Grade: C-B48, Size range: 850-425 microns