Starbead® Industrial Beads
Starbead® are high quality glass micro spheres resulting from the specialised processing of selected glass cullet.
- Cold working of metal surfaces, i.e. shotpeening and honing.
- General cleaning, removing of light foreign matter.
- Decorative finishing, polishing or matting.
- Used for the cold working of metal surfaces as well as for general cleaning, deburring and decorative finishing whilst retaining the dimensional integrity of items being blasted (e.g. pistons).
- For delicate thin-walled parts and thin welds, peening with glass bead abrasive material provides the right balance of stress relief without over-stressing and causing damage.
- A silica-free option for shot blasting, peening, honing, cleaning and light deburring
- Chemically inert and environmentally friendly
- Available in a wide range of sizes
- Can be recycled up to 30 times
- Hardness: 6 - 7 Moh scale
- Specific weight: +/- 2.5g/cm3
- Bulk weight: +/- 1.6 kg / l
- Free silica: None
- Shape: Round
- Storage: Dry and Sheltered
- Packaging: Paper Bags of 25kg net
Typical chemical analysis
- Si02: 72.55% (No free silica)
- Al203: 0.5 - 2%
- K2O: 0.88%
- Na2O: 13.78%
- CaO: 7.02%
- Fe2O3: 0.18%
- MgO: 3.02%
- Code: BL, Size range: 400-800 microns
- Code: C, Size range: 200-400 microns
- Code: AB, Size range: 200-300 microns
- Code: AC, Size range: 150-250 microns
- Code: AD, Size range: 100-200 microns
- Code: AF, Size range: 70-150 microns
- Code: AG, Size range: 50-100 microns
- Code: AH, Size range: 40-70 microns
- Code: AQ, Size range: 1-50 microns