Alcab is an extremely hard brown fused alumina which is very resistant against fracturing on impact. It is the second hardest mineral after diamond.
Alcab's high density and angular sharpness make it one of the fastest, most versatile and economical cutting abrasives available for abrasive blasting applications from cleaning and deburring to etching and finishing. Alcab is typically used on stainless steels and other non-ferrous metals, and also used for grinding and polishing media.
- The high percentage of TiO2 (3%) shows the toughness of the product, which results in longer cutting life, more circulations before breaking down (15 times) and increased cost-effectiveness.
- Superior surface profile – virtually free of embedment, providing an excellent surface profile for coating adhesion.
- Capable of profiling the toughest steels including stainless steel. Suitable for use on non-ferrous metals.
- Non-toxic – inert and natural, with no free crystalline silica.
- Low dust levels – improved operator visibility. Easy cleanup.
- Non reactant – will not interfere with your coatings.
- Hardness: 9 Moh scale
- Specific weight: 3.85 g/cm³
- Bulk weight: Approx. 1.49 – 1.90 kg / L
- Shape: Angular and sharp
- Storage: In cool, ventilated area
- Packaging: 1 ton bulk bags or 40 x 25 kg bags, palletised
Typical chemical analysis (full analysis on application)
- Si02: 1.9% (no free silica)
- Al203: 92%
- Fe2O3: 2.2%
- Ti02: 2.8%
- Other Oxides: 1 %
- Grade: F14 Size: 1000 - 1700 microns, profile: 180 - 120 microns
- Grade: F20 Size: 710 - 1180 microns, profile: 120 – 80 microns
- Grade: F36 Size: 355 - 600 microns, profile: 85 - 60 microns
- Grade: F60 Size: 180 - 300 microns, profile: 75 - 45 microns
- Grade: F80 Size: 125 - 212 microns, profile: 55 – 25 microns
- Grade: F100 Size: 75 - 150 microns, profile: 50 - 20 microns
- Grade: F150 Size: 45 - 106 microns, profile: 30 - 15 microns